The Barwon First Mortgage Fund (the Fund) is an open-ended fund for wholesale investors. The Fund earns returns from debt facilities provided to Australian property, with the security of a registered first-ranking mortgage.
The Fund provides exposure to a portfolio of debt facilities spanning a variety of sectors and locations throughout Australia. In addition, the debt facilities are provided across a range of stages within a property’s lifecycle – from early stage site acquisition, through to completed residual stock and bridging facilities for existing commercial properties.
The property debt sector has seen significant growth in recent years and has provided stable risk-adjusted returns relative to other property sectors. Further, Barwon’s focus on providing debt facilities to experienced property owners and developers enhances the low-risk profile of the investments.
|Fund Type||Unlisted, unregistered, open-ended unit trust|
|Investors||Wholesale clients as defined under Section 761G of the Corporations Act|
|Investments||Debt investments benefiting from the security of a first-ranking mortgage over real property equating to a loan-to-value ratio of 65% or less|
|Borrowing||The Fund has no borrowings|
|Redemptions||After the initial draw period redemptions are able to be requested on a monthly basis. The Fund must satisfy all redemption requests within a 2 year window|
|Fund Opening||The Fund opens periodically for investors. If you care to register your interest for investment, please contact us.|
|APIR Code||Contact Barwon|
Key features of Barwon First Mortgage Fund
- The non-bank sector has grown significantly in recent years
- Australian credit market is undergoing a significant structural change
- Major Australian banks are losing market share to more competitive and nimble non-bank debt providers
- The Fund is invested across a range of individual Barwon originated and managed debt funds
- Australia-wide with the majority in or near major metropolitan areas
- Across project life-cycles from land acquisition, through construction, to completed properties
- Registered first-ranking mortgage security
- Below 65% loan-to-value ratios
- Experienced quality sponsors
- Low volatility fixed returns
- Low correlation with other property sectors