The Barwon individual first mortgage property debt funds (the Funds) are a series of individual Closed-ended funds for wholesale investors. The Funds earn returns from debt facilities provided to Australian property, with the security of a registered first-ranking mortgage.
Each individual Fund is limited to a specific debt opportunity which may lie within any of a range of sectors and locations across Australia. In addition to this, the Fund will typically invest within a specific stage of property lifecycle from early stage site acquisition, through to completed residual stock and bridging facilities for existing commercial properties.
The property debt sector has seen significant growth in recent years and has provided stable risk-adjusted returns relative to other property sectors. Further, Barwon’s focus on providing debt facilities to experienced property owners and developers goes to enhancing the low-risk profile of the investments.
|Fund Type||Unlisted, unregistered, closed-ended unit trust|
|Inception||Specific to each Fund. Typically monthly|
|Investors||Wholesale clients as defined under Section 761G of the Corporations Act|
|Investments||Debt investments benefiting from the security of a first-ranking mortgage over real property equating to a loan-to-value ratio of 65% or less|
|Borrowing||Each Fund has no borrowings|
|Redemptions||Not applicable to each Fund|
|Distributions||Specific to each Fund|
|Fund Opening||Specific to each Fund. If you care to register your interest for investment, please contact us.|
|APIR Code||Specific to each Fund|
Key features of the Individual Funds – First Mortgage
- The non-bank sector has grown significantly in recent years
- Australian credit market is undergoing a significant structural change
- Major Australian banks are losing market share to more competitive and nimble non-bank debt providers
- Each Fund invests in a specific Barwon originated and managed debt opportunity
- The range and regular frequency of investing in each Fund allows the investor to create their own tailored portfolio of first mortgage debt investments
- Registered first-ranking mortgage security
- Below 65% loan-to-value ratios
- Experienced quality sponsors
- Low volatility fixed returns
- Low correlation with other property sectors