The Barwon Global High Income Fund (Fund) provides exposure to an actively managed portfolio of publicly traded private debt funds listed on major exchanges.
The Fund’s core investments are private debt funds that make senior secured, hold-to-maturity loans to middle-market businesses and loans backed by stable commercial and transitional properties.
The objective of the Fund is to generate a high level of current income (8% p.a.) with the potential for long-term capital appreciation (1-2% p.a.).
- Actively managed portfolio of 15-20 publicly listed Business Development Companies, Commercial Mortgage REITs and Specialty Closed End Credit Funds
- Exposure to senior secured loans to US middle-market companies and loans backed by stable commercial properties
- Diversified source of income: private, hold-to-maturity loans
- High current income: target 8.0% p.a.
- Quarterly Fund distributions
- Portfolio investments listed on global stock exchanges with high liquidity
- Fund offers monthly liquidity
- Immediate investment, no J-curve
Attractive Risk/Return Profile
- Return premiums from holding portfolios of direct and private loans
- Historical loss rates among middle-market loans have been lower than high-yield bonds and broadly syndicated loans
|Fund Type||Open-ended Australian-domiciled unit trust|
|Inception||28 February 2014|
|Investors||Wholesale clients as defined under Section 761G of the Corporations Act|
|Investments||Portfolio of 15-25 publicly traded private debt funds listed on major exchanges|
|Borrowing||The Fund will not borrow|
|Applications & Withdrawals||Monthly|
|Distributions||Quarterly in respect of the March, June, September and December quarters|
|Management Fee||0.65% plus GST, net of RITCs|
|Performance Fee||No performance fee|
|Benchmark||The Fund is not managed with reference to a benchmark|